Friday, February 5, 2010

Half Full or Half Empty

It has been many many months since I have updated our blog. Life just seemed to get in the way and I haven't taken the time to update on whats been going on. I have missed updates on birthdays and Emma's baptism, holidays, trips and just the daily fun of our busy house. Maybe someday I'll be able to catch up and look back at the fun and share it. For now I'll include this one picture from the end of 2009.




When I started our blog about a year ago, my first post was about Emma and her new journey with diabetes. This picture is a year later. The milk carton is one we started at the beginning that holds her used needles...well except her 10 day honeymoon off insulin a few weeks into the journey. It became somewhat of a symbol of her courage with the needles as they filled the carton. She could look at it and appreciate that she was able to be strong and see how far she had come.

It changed to blue when she started using an insulin pump at the end of summer. What a blessing that has been. She was very excited to take the picture when there was no more room in the carton for even one more needle. For Emma...the glass is definitely half full and on it's way to overflowing! She is amazing!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I'm glad she's so positive. Things like that are hard sometimes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all amazing!! You bring great joy to my heart and as always a tear because I love you all so much.You are indeed my blessing. Mookies and hugs, Mom (AKA-Nana)

    ReplyDelete